The best time slot to post on Instagram is between 9 am and 11 am in the morning. To come to this conclusion, Later analyzed over 12 million posts. Only, is this time suitable for your business?
When to post on Instagram?
According to the analysis involving multiple time zones and accounts with 100 to 1 million+ followers, the best time to post on Instagram, based on the day of the week is:
- Monday: 6 am, 10 am and 10 pm
- Tuesday: 2 am, 4 am and 9 am
- Wednesday: 7 am, 8 am and 11 pm
- Thursday: 9 am, noon and 7 pm
- Friday: 5 am, 1 pm and 3 pm
- Saturday: 11 am, 7 pm and 10 am
- Sunday: 7 am, 8 am and 4 pm
Depending on the profile of your audience and its distribution on the planet, it’s important to find YOUR ideal schedule for posting on Instagram.
Therefore, to take advantage of Instagram’s algorithm in 2021, you need to optimize your posting schedule for when the majority of your followers are online.
How can you find your perfect time to post on Instagram?
To help you determine what time to publish your posts, here’s what you can do:
- Experiment with different schedules, based on the most successful ones listed above. Choose 5 times during the week. Note the engagement and number of comments for each. The following week, test 5 other times and compare the results with week 1.
- Check out Instagram Insights to see when your followers are online and their time zones.
- Use Later’s Best Time to Post feature to automatically calculate your 7 best times to post.
- Analyze the performance of your publications and those of your competitors with SEMRush.
Schedule your posts at the perfect time on Instagram for more engagement
Now that you know what time to post on Instagram, schedule your posts! Scheduling your Instagram posts at optimized times allows you to reach more fans and get more engagement.
How to schedule your publications?
There are many tools that allow you to schedule your Instagram posts at the right time. Among them:
- Creator Studio (it’s free!). This is the tool I use, it is reliable.
Engagement on Instagram, a snowball effect?
Did you know that more engagement leads to more visibility?
If you post at a time when your audience is the largest on the platform, your post is more likely to receive a lot of “likes” and comments. This engagement can push Instagram to display it higher in the News Feed and even on the Explore page.
Do you need some help with your content strategy? Discover my service!